biggest samoan crab?

Discussion in 'FH Lounge' started by NotAvailable, May 22, 2010.

1. NotAvailable

NotAvailable Ridin' SoLow

Wats the biggest samoan crab on oahu? My uncle sed its a 15pounder caught in waimalu canal a long time ago?...I recently caught a 9pounder and that thing was a record for me.

2. justforkicks

justforkicks Power User

9lbs? wow that could have been a state record. A 15lb sole crab? that thing must have looked like a monster. Get any pics?

3. SGek9R

SGek9R Senior Member

yup, you would've had the record. current record is 7lb 7 oz

http://www.hawaiifishingnews.com/records_d.cfm?ID=84

btw: what kind net you use for crabbing? i get the single ring crab net but the thing isnt that productive. also how long you let your nets soak before you check em?

4. sirhc

sirhc no can

9lbs! holy moly....pics would be sweet!

5. justforkicks

justforkicks Power User

Nah they work fine just gotta have the right technique when you pull them up or else they'll flip over and the crabs will escape.

6. NotAvailable

i ate him already :facepalm: i didnt think much because my uncle said theres way bigger crabs out there..he didnt fit in the bucket. my nets i usually go with 4 nets all nets have a 4feeet diameter and i use shark and baraacuda for bait..also i dont let the bait soak i tie my floater to the bait so when a crab is biting or inside you can see the line jerking so you dont have to play the waiting game. thats the only crab i caught alll weeeeeek. i went waimalu on the school side caught nothing(bridge) and went to halawa and was wayy to windy so the current was moving the nets. then i got lucky one night. damn i shoulda took a pic but my uncle sed he caught bigger ones then that???? hes an old timer and former drug user so he used to crab day night and wenevers so idk if i should believe him....

7. SGek9R

SGek9R Senior Member

how long you usually let em soak before you check em?
    and whens the best time for usually go?

8. SGek9R

SGek9R Senior Member

interesting, i think so i catch on to how you do em, i gotta try that one time

9. NotAvailable

^^^yeah best time is morning time or night time wen the tide is coming up because that's when they wanna feed and the current carrys the smell of the bait so they can smell it better.