72cc Polini Contessa

Discussion in 'Moped & Scooters Enthusiasts' started by frank085, Jan 2, 2012.

1. frank085

frank085 New Member

wassup guys!!! got couple questions for you guys. first off i just got in to peds not to long ago. I bought a 2010 Sym DD50 that already had a 66cc, ramp, weights, pulley, belt, cdi and performance coil. Im getting about 50mph not bad at all but want a lil more. I was thinking of the 72cc Polini Contessa. Brand name and cheaper than the Corsa. Is it just a bolt up/replace all the parts in the kit? what about carb/manifold, do i have to change those to performance? and gearing can i run my stock gears for now til i decide to change them? Money is limited and just want to build it a lil more 72cc Contessa for sure...what else do you guys recommend? Aloha and thanks for any help you guys can give me.

2. topshottah 94

topshottah 94 New Member

Contessa will bolt up to the dd50 block..if money is an issue then I suggest leaving the 66 bore and buying a ct chrome,28oko,aftermarket throttle cable,7:1gears,and a Kelli pulley..these will cost around $200but you will get a bigger bang per buck..then later on you should buy a contessa and pg long..pg is the easiest pipe for tune...perfect for beginner ..

3. tabsturz

tabsturz jonathan.

if money is the issue, port the 66, match port the block, leave the stock mani, slap on a mikuni 18 or go ct chrome/black and use a 21mm carb, aftermarket throttle cable, 8:1 gears, stock pully, aftermarket ramp, and maybe up the center and clutch springs. the 66 might not have enough power to move the 7:1's. 8:1's are perfect. trust me. you dont need such low gears.

4. frank085

frank085 New Member

Thanks guys for the input...i bought the 72cc today. I know i need a better pipe and gears. I mostly ride on flat ground, just one hill but thats very minor. Im looking for mid and high end. What gear ratio is rec. for that? Im most likely wanting to put a manifold and carb later on. What do you guys think? Heres what i was thinking 72cc, 6.9:1 gears, V8typhoon pipe. I already have a pulley,new belt,weights,cdi,coil and ramp. im thinking about a performance carb 28 or 21 and mani later.

5. veedubh20

veedubh20 Power User

Aftermarket cdi don't make any different..blue aluminum does fail anytime.. Use a stock cdi or Honda cdi.

6. dd50power

dd50power Junior Member

AND DON'T FORGET TO REJET THE STOCK CARB WHEN PUTTING ALL THOSE ON

7. dd50sleep

dd50sleep Member

like wat Tabs said, 8:1 gearing is good, if u get S fronts 8.4:1 better yet. unported 72 can't top off 6.9:1. 7.5:1 tops off about 84-85mph at 10,300rpm with 90/90 10 tire stroker setup.

8. tabsturz

tabsturz jonathan.

^^ yups my 72 tops my 8:1 at 76 at 10,400rpm. 90/90 10 tire. Stock stroke. But thas only with fresh springs and weights.

@frank085 just grab 8:1's. You wont be disappointed.

9. veedubh20

veedubh20 Power User

7:1 is good on light moped, spree,pax,jdm ab14

10. dd50sleep

dd50sleep Member

and dio razz, got 6.9:1 but my small stroker/exhaust/ tire setup no top off 6.9:1 yet, only 80-81 mph.

11. dd50power

dd50power Junior Member

thats one hamma bike and super cherry too
    mr D

12. dd50sleep

dd50sleep Member

13. dd50power

dd50power Junior Member

YOU BUILD RELIABLE AND FAST MOTORS :bye:

14. frank085

frank085 New Member

Thanks for the info. So all your guys' 72cc you all used stock carb and manifold?. So the 8:1 gears ill get better mid and high/ top speed?

15. dd50power

dd50power Junior Member

8-1 good all around

16. frank085

frank085 New Member

@dd50power...what size carb do you rec for the 72cc set up? I wanna run a v8 typhoon or even maybe a pg..im unsure which would be better. Another guy suggested a pg. Any thoughts?

17. tabsturz

tabsturz jonathan.

Run a 21oko. Good up to 150cc. 28mm is overkill, even for strokers. Run pg. Easier to tune.

18. dd50power

dd50power Junior Member

yeps pg long is good
    28mm is more common easier to find

19. tabsturz

tabsturz jonathan.

Oh yea lol and cheap too. Might as well haha

20. frank085

frank085 New Member

thanks again guys!!!imma start the upgrade soon aint got no time since i pau work late and i gotta watch my boys..so pg long and 21oko...sounds good!!!! What about manifold? or stock should be fine?mahalo guys